O Licence
Application Assist

Applying for an ‘O’ license?

Give yourself the best chance of approval.

The process of applying for an Goods Vehicle Operator Licence is arduous. It requires you have a range of information at hand, and know the specifics of the operation you wish to build.

Moreover, applicants must have a thorough knowledge of the industry’s various aspects, like drivers’ hours. If you’re shaky on any area – whether it is your financial standing, the type of license you require, or the competence of the person(s) you’ve hired to check and maintain your vehicle(s), it may not be worth even applying.

This is where 3rd party assistance can prove invaluable.

Before beginning your application, you should ask yourself a range of questions, including:

  • Why do I need an operator’s licence?
  • What kind of licence do I need?
  • Do I have the proper facilities in which to park my vehicles?
  • Can I provide evidence of my financial standing to the Traffic Commissioner?

And that’s only the start of it. Getting an operator licence is hard graft. Care to find out more about successfully applying for your ‘O’ licence? See what Chartwise can offer:

Need a hand perfecting your operator licence application?
Say no more.

What’s involved?

Operator licence applications are a tricky business. Besides completing the form, there are other actions to take that’ll cause would-be operators plenty of headaches.

You’ll also need to:

  • create an advert for your licence application;
  • announce your proposed operating centre(s);
  • appoint a transport manager (if you’re applying for a standard licence);
  • provide information about your financial situation;
  • draw up a maintenance contract with a garage or agent to do safety inspections and repair vehicles if you don’t do this yourself.

To be successful, your operator licence application must satisfy all of the criteria set by the Office of the Traffic Commissioners of Great Britain.

What do I need to know about the Traffic Commissioners?

In Great Britain, there are 8 designated traffic areas. Each area is under the jurisdiction of one commissioner. You’ll need to have a goods vehicle operator’s licence for each traffic area in which you have an operating centre.

In their area, Traffic Commissioners are responsible for:

  • licensing operators of Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs)
  • granting vocational licences
  • bringing action against drivers of HGVs

When necessary, they also hold public inquiries against operators to consider:

Sounds like a lot to consider…

It is. But to get help with your o-licence application demonstrates for a kick-off that your switched-on about compliance. What’s more – with the onset of Earned Recognition, an operator’s dedication to the requirements of their licence will find itself under even more scrutiny. That’s why nailing that first step is so vital.

That’s why Chartwise are here. To book a consultation with our compliance team, go here:

Looking for a hand?

It’s a wise move.

The next step is getting a quote for the o-licence application asssist service.

To find out exactly how Chartwise can assist you in your application for a goods vehicle operators’ licence, complete the form below.

Call (0191) 491 5032 to find out more

Get a quote

    Which best describes your role?*

    We respect your privacy, and will only use your data to fulfill your request. We would, however, like to send you occasional content we think may be of value to you. If you're happy to receive said content, please tick the box below:

    You may unsubscribe from these at any time. For more information on our privacy practices, please review our Privacy Policy.

    By clicking Submit, you consent to our storing and processing the data entered above to provide you with the information you've requested.

    Seraphinite AcceleratorOptimized by Seraphinite Accelerator
    Turns on site high speed to be attractive for people and search engines.